We are working within the regulations laid out by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to ensure your data remains your data and that you have as complete visibility into your data as possible. Our guarantee to you is that we will never sell your data to any third party operators and will always obtain your expressed permission before we perform any marketing activities.
1. Introduction and General Terms
RISE Life Science and Life Bloom Organics (hereafter known as the “Company”) are committed to protecting your and your family's personal information when you are using our services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for our audience. This Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following online services:
- any website that links to this Privacy and Cookies Policy;
- social media or official Company content on other websites;
- mobile device Applications (“Apps”);
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
In order to provide you with the full range of RISE products and services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains the following:
- what information the Company may collect about you;
- how the Company will use information we collect about you;
- when the Company may use your details to contact you;
- whether the Company will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
The Company is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (these laws are referred to collectively in this Privacy and Cookies Policy as the "data protection laws").
2. Who are we?
RISE Life Science creates premium health and wellness brands for the modern consumer. We are a Canadian company that develops proprietary hemp-based products to help people support their health and wellbeing.
All Company activities are covered by this Privacy and Cookies Policy in relation to its use of data collected.
3. What information will the Company collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of the Company’s services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, chatbots, message boards, web and mobile notifications, telephone or text, vote, donate money to a RISE charity appeal, book tickets for a RISE event or create an account using any Company online registration system, we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, gender or date of birth, as well as information collected about your use of RISE products.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information. Should we do this, we will provide further information about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
Where we provide personalised services, we may ask your permission to review third party data about you, for example, your Twitter or Facebook feeds, to get to know you better and to provide more effective personalisation. Please note that any information that is not required by the particular service you have opted to use will not be retained by the Company.
The Company collects information about how you use our digital properties and social media channels, including the device(s) you use for access. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet.
4. How will the Company use the information it collects about me?
RISE Life Science and Life Bloom Organics will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience;
- for "service administration purposes", which means that we may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content with which you have engaged;
- where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service. If you are have subscribed to email newsletters, you will receive a personalised service. If you don’t want to receive these services you can unsubscribe from email newsletters, or disable personalisation;
- we may also show you relevant advertising on third party sites, as set out in section 7;
- to use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different regions, and to determine whether you are accessing the services outside of targeted regions;
- for analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by the Company. This can include using geo-demographic information from external sources, where this helps us ensure we are making something for everyone;
- we may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes;
Where we propose using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first.
5. When will RISE contact me?
We may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for, in order to ensure that we can deliver the services, e.g. to verify your email when you sign up for an account, or to help you reset your password);
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about products or services;
- in relation to any personalised services you are using;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted in the form of comments on the website property on through social media;
- to invite you to participate in surveys (participation is always voluntary);
- to update you on any material changes to our policies and practices; and
- for marketing purposes.
We will never contact you to ask for an account password, or other login information. Please be cautious if you receive any emails or calls from people asking for this information and claiming to be from RISE Life Science or Life Bloom Organics.
6. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We will only send you marketing emails or contact you through social media platforms where you have agreed to this.
We offer regular emails, including regular updates, to educate and inform you about RISE industry and service changes.
We may personalise message content based upon any information you have provided us.
We may use information which we hold about you to show you relevant advertising on third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter). This could involve showing you an advertising message where we know you have a Company account and or have utilized products and services. If you don’t want to be shown targeted advertising messages from RISE, some third party sites allow you to request not to see messages from specific advertisers on that site in future. If you want to stop all personalised services from RISE, including targeted advertising messages on third party sites, we offer complete visibility into your information and will remove upon request immediately.
7. Will RISE Life Science or Life Bloom Organics share my personal information with anyone?
We will keep your information internally except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, including for child protection reasons).
Generally, we will use your information internally and would only share it outside where you have requested it or given your consent. However, we may share with third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter) some data, with appropriate security measures, to show you relevant advertising on third party sites. Sometimes we use third parties to process your information on our behalf, for example to provide services or analysis. We require third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and legal requirements that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
8. How long will we keep your information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. If you delete an account with us, then your personal information is deleted immediately, and the remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes.
Where you contribute content together with your personal information (User Generated Content or UGC) such as with comments or social engagement, we will keep the information attached to that content indefinitely unless explicitly requested to be removed.
9. Can I delete my data?
Any account that you may set up with RISE properties can be deleted. This will erase any personal information in your account that we have about you and it will mean any data we hold about how you have used our websites, social channels, or products will be made anonymous.
10. Can I find out what personal information the Company holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
11. Web browser cookies
- a) What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (collectively referred to as "device") web browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser's preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the RISE Life Science and Life Bloom Organics websites. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time using the settings in your browser.
Our cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
- c) Third party cookies in embedded content on our pages
Please note that during your visits to our websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to us or our contractors.
To support our journalism, we sometimes embed content from social media and other third party websites. These may include YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, Vine, Instagram, Pinterest and Flickr. As a result, when you visit a page containing such content, you may be presented with cookies from these websites and these third party cookies may track your use of our website. RISE does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party's website for more information. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website.
Where we may embed content from social media and other third party websites, Google Analytics tagging may be in place to collect data about user behavior for their own purposes. We do not control this. For more information, see the Google webpage “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”.
- d) Other information collected from web browsers
Your web browser may also provide us with information about your device, such as an IP address and details about the browser that you are using. We use information provided by your browser or by the link that you have clicked to understand the webpage that directed you to us and this may be captured by performance cookies.
12. Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third party ad networks, social networks and analytic companies. This website does not currently respond to DNT requests.
13. Changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy
14. Contacting us about this Privacy and Cookies Policy
If you any questions or comments about this Privacy and Cookies Policy please contact:
Rise Life Science Corp.
145 King Street West, Suite 201
Toronto, Ontario M5H1J8